Friday, January 7, 2011

smeared ink thurs on a fri


hello, sorry this is a day late. the sickness got me on thurs and i slept for most of the day. i made this using an incense box that i bought for 1.50, it came with incense but to be honset i bought it just for the box and it was only 1.50. also i discovered that make-up appliers make good paint brushes. with the move i still haven't found everything yet. it worked perfect, the paint dried fast and it gave even coverage. remember my grumpie oranment that i used pattern paper on, well, i did the same here, there was a image on the top of the box, that the paint would not cover. i used shadow things from smeared ink, to me shadow things beg to be embossed. i think they are perfect for embossing with all their wonderful dots. for the edge of the box, i added book pages that i glued on, then ripped off the excess, then inked with aged paper ink. enjoy! lisa

2 comments:

KC said...

I hope you are feeling better! this is so cool...I too have found myself looking at boxes instead of whats in them:) I love the way you use the shadow things!!

Alison said...

I hope you are feeling better too! Great little box! I like to use cosmetic applicators too! They work great. Love your color pallete!