Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Day 3

 hello and welcome back! i really apperiate all the lovely comments! thank you so much! if you are new and want to know what's going on, go here. today i have an atc for y'all i made using a smeaked ink stamp. after i bought this, i went a little crazy on using it in projects, so there is a few more coming up with this one. to get the texture for the background i used this ugly gold ribbon stuff, glued it down and painted it black
 the idea for this emblishment came from here, since i used old book pages to make it, it didn't quite turn out like her's did. but i like it! i'm unsure where the stamp is from. the medillion thing is from some enid collins purse replacement parts i bought at an estate sale awhile back.
the stamp in inked up with tim holtz aged paper (sorry about the picture). i wanted to add something in the middle, but i could figure out what, and what i did try to add didn't look right. head on over to my side bar and get to hopping! enjoy! lisa

20 comments:

Steph said...

Great texture, cool idea to paint over the ribbon. Love the card, I know what you mean about wanting to add something but not knowing what... sometimes I have to leave my card out for sveral days before it finally comes to me :)

silvia said...

Very cool card!!

Sara a.k.a. Eternal Princess Ryan said...

Lisa... I love the texture and what a marvelous way to get it! I wouldn't have thought of that! I love how your project turned out! You Rock! Hugs!

Pam S. said...

What a great project and lots of texture. Very eye pleasing and I love what you did to recycle ugly ribbon. Thank you for sharing.

KristyLee said...

Very cool love all the texture to it!
Peace,
Kristy

daffy said...

great atc
love the texture of the card

Candace Jedrowicz said...

I love everything about this piece! I think you star is way more fabulous than the paper cone star!

Sharon Sahl said...

Lisa, this rocks!! So many good ideas here - painting ribbon (and other ugly stuff from my stash) and that neato embellishment. Thanks!

Celeste said...

What a great idea for getting some texture and using that Enid Collins purse piece. Awesome!

~Lady B~ said...

Awesome texture in your piece! Now I know what I can do with ribbon I no longer like or even scraps of fabrics! Thanks for the inspiration!

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

Looks so old world awesome!
hugs,
susan s.

DonnaMundinger said...

Love the texture you've got going on here and the embellie is just beautiful! xxD

Monique's art said...

great texture, the card is very elegant. love it

Shelley said...

fabulous card!

Julia said...

Love all the texture! Great image.
Hugs,
Julia

ScrappingBeauty said...

texture, embellishments all make this atc creepishly cool! love it!

Regina said...

WOW...painting over ribbon gave this a very unique look and I LOVE IT!!

Happy Hauntings ^_^
Regi

LisaVeronica said...

The embellish looks fab, great job! Thanks!

ike said...

Gorgeous - love the texture too.
I must admit the "SmeaKed" Ink made me laugh :-D xxxxxxx

Unknown said...

love the texture, the color's...the stamp..love it all...and your style, Jean