Thursday, November 7, 2013

Peacocks Feathers and Lace

 Hello and welcome! I'm working on being a better blogger, so we'll see how this goes;). A very good friend of mind recently started a new job. With that job, she was given a real office! Not an office where she has to share, nor an office that is out in the open, one where she can shut the door and pretend to work. Sadly, this office has no windows, so she set off to give herself something to look at daily.
Since she is love with old lace and peacock feathers, I made her this! The lace is antique lace I bought from a friend of mine that had a few holes in it and the feather I picked up at a garage sale. The 2 pieces of glass its in-cased in, is from 2 very sad looking picture frames I picked up at Goodwill. I wanted the glass a certain size, and frames are cheap. The chain is necklace chain from my stash. She loved this so much. 
I'll be back sometime with week with the wonder dog's new bed. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Laura S Reading said...

You are such a good friend!
I know your friend will enjoy looking at this wonderful piece of art daily. It will be a great conversation starter too.