Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Embossing with a Stencil

 Hello and welcome! The other day I was 'cleaning' my space when this idea hit me!
Why can't I emboss with a stencil????
Well, as it turns out, you can!
You will need a machine, BigKick, BigShot, or something other, as long as your stencil will fit through it.
 Layer it up like you are using a thin die, you will need a Solo Thin Die Adapter. I put the stencil (I used Tim Holtz Doily), inbetween sheets of thin card stock.
 This is the after! A nice light embossing!!!! Love it!

 I went over it with distress inks and was heavy handed about it, so I went over it with fine steel wool (I picked mine up at the Dollar Tree).
Then I light sprayed it with antique linen. I love how it gives you a light emboss background! And how you can use one item for multiple uses! Enjoy! Lisa

No comments: