Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Art Journaling with Dyan Reaveley

 Hello and welcome! So this past weekend I had the privilege/honor of taking a couple of classes with Dyan Reaveley of Dylusions!!! I took her all day paints class and 1/2 spray class, both fantastic! She is a wonderful teacher with loads of tips and tricks. I also got to meet Jim, The Gentleman Crafter. He is super sweet, I'm hoping to take his classes in June.

 She was kind enough to take a picture with me. Which is VERY rare thing for me to do. I HATE taking pictures.

 Here she is signing my book!! She is super nice! If you ever have a chance to take her class, do it!!!!
For the painting class she gave us a small journal to work with.
 Here's a journal page I did with her coloring blocking technique. For this page I used: Lemon Zest, Vibrant Turquoise, Bubblegum Pink, Crushed Grape, and Black Marble.
She would show you how to do it, then everyone do one with her, then you did one on your own. This is my second one. The doodling I did at the hotel pool while the kiddos swam. For this page I used: Lemon Zest, Postbox Red, Squeezed Orange, London Blue, and Bubblegum Pink, almost forgot! Black Marble.
I love art journaling, taking this class has given me a bit more confidence, bit more inspiration. Classes are wonderful! Even if you have read the book and watched the videos, classes give you just a bit more. Anytime you are able to take an art class, I say do it!!! Enjoy! Lisa 

No comments: